Position Opening: Associate Worship Leader
Terms: Part Time – 25 hours a week Employee Experience Required: 2 years
Estimated Start Date: August 16th, 2019 Salary: Wages commensurate to experience
Location: Brighton, MI Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Reporting to the Worship & Sound Coordinator, you will be helping to serve the music and worship needs of Encounter Ministries by participating, building up and equipping a community of prophetic and childlike worshipers within the Encounter Ministries worship community. From that culture, you will be expected to bring the overflow into the community of Saint Patrick Church, the Encounter School of Ministry, and various Encounter Ministries events and conferences. You will also be expected to assist in the writing, recording and publishing of cutting edge worship music under the Encounter Worship label.
The Associate Worship Leader will be responsible for overseeing the following areas of responsibility:
Encounter Worship Community and Staff Prayer: 5 Hours a week
- Encounter Worship home group every other week – 2.5 hours/week (5 hours/2 weeks)
- Assisting in raising up and equipping musicians to minister in a contemporary worship context.
- Staff Prayer – 2.5 hours /week
Worship Leading: 12 Hours a Week
- Weekly Encounter School – 7 hours (3:30-10:30 pm)
- Friday Night Worship (two times a month) – 5 hours (5:00-10:00 pm)
- Mass (2 times a month) – 1-2 hours/week
- Conferences, Schools, Events as needed
Songwriting/Rehearsal: 8 hours/week
- Songwriting (1x appt per week) – 4 hours
- Leading Rehearsal/Music Selection and Planning– 4 hours
- Active, practicing, Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church.
- Impeccable skill on your instrument(s).
- Ability to work well, lead and train band members.
- Ability to take direction and feedback well.
- Excellent conflict management and resolution skills.
- Mastery of sound systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in developing and cultivating personal and professional relationships.
- Capable of effectively communicating and living out Encounter’s mission and values.
- Significant background and experience with Encounter Ministries.
Please submit resume with letter of introduction to:
Patrick Reis, Executive Director
135 Becker Dr
Brighton, MI 48116
or by email: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.