Now accepting requests for 2024
The following weekend Encounter schools are available for your parish or organization to host. Please note that speakers for all events vary depending on location and availability.
• School of Healing >
• School of Prophetic Ministry >
• School of Identity >
Please read through the following information and tabs before requesting to host a school.
Encounter Ministries External Event Guide
Cost & Fees
Cost: There is no fee for the hosting organization (parish/ministry) but they will be expected to assist in the onsite logistical needs of the event.
Registrants & Fees: Each participant will have to pay a registration fee in advance on the Encounter website. Attendance varies by region. We have seen as few as 100 and as many as 250 participants.
- MEALS: The host must facilitate food needs for participants. Option 1: Provide lunch and dinner for the participants over a 1 hour break each (this ensures the ability for participants to attend the Saturday vigil Mass). Option 2: Allow a 2 hour break for lunch and dinner for participants (this would not allow time to attend a Saturday vigil Mass).
- MATERIALS: The host must provide name badges for participants, print copies of the participant handouts and coordinate the ability to project slides provided to you by Encounter Ministries.
- EVENT SET-UP: The host must oversee the location needs for the weekend schools and Saturday night healing service (School of Healing only), and ensure sufficient sound and projector needs are met at the location for both the Weekend School and healing service (if applicable).
- WORSHIP MUSIC – Either provide a local contemporary praise and worship leader or cover the stipend to have one sent with the presenter.
- PROMOTION – Effectively spread the word and promote awareness of the Encounter Weekend School of Ministry in your region. Encounter Ministries will provide a web page for your event, a custom flyer and facebook event page
Encounter Ministries is excited to share the love of the Gospel with our High School Students. Based on the powerful documentary, REVIVE, we’re visiting schools around the country to address the crisis of faith among Catholic high school students and challenge, inspire through the signs, wonders and healings God desires for them.
A REVIVE healing evangelization event, as seen in Maura Smith's REVIVE documentary, consists of a 2.5 hour morning in-service where that Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed, the message is demonstrated by praying for physical healing, and closes with an opportunity for students to personally respond to the Gospel invitation. The event itself is much more than a one day event and includes a commitment to significant preparatory and follow up efforts to ensure that the students and school community experience the transforming power of Jesus in a way that is fully responsible and pastorally sensitive.
Before the REVIVE event, we ask each partnering high school to oversee the following:
- An introductory zoom call with Encounter leaders and school leaders.
- Sending an explanatory letter to families several months in advance explaining the full scope and purpose of the event.
- Providing teaching on the gifts of the Holy Spirit for evangelization through resources provided by Encounter Ministries.
- Sending communication to families one week before the event with an opportunity to opt out of the event.
The event consists of a 2.5 hours in-service put on by Encounter leaders which includes preparatory entertainment, a personal testimony and Gospel proclamation, corporate prayer for healing with testimonies of students healed, and an opportunity for students to personally respond to the Gospel. Encounter leaders will also provide suggestions for further opportunities throughout the day which include:
- Opportunities for students to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Using religion class as a study hall and giving students the option to go to chapel for adoration.
- Inviting local prayer teams to come and pray with students.
After the event we ask that follow up responsibilities occur including:
- An email to families recapping what happened with FAQs on healing provided by Dr Mary Healy.
- In school follow up for students to ask questions and process the event with suggestions and resources provided by Encounter Ministries.
- Suggestions and resources for how campus ministry can provided discipleship opportunities that help their students grow after this encounter.
Cost, Fees and Available Grant
Because of the great undertaking and time involved on our end in making these events possible, including the consulting needed in the preparation, team for the event itself and support in follow up, each school should be prepared to pay or fundraise the expenses needed to make this process possible.
Encounter Ministries has received a grant to cover the cost of 4 REVIVE events each year. Please let us know in the application if you need a grant.
Media Package - $1000 FREE
Our media sponsor, Peter Sauer of EdTech Solutions (edtechsolutions.com) provides participating High Schools with a FREE Media Package ($1000 value). This package includes the talks given at the event, as well as recap footage featuring healing testimonials, prayer ministry and more.