Position Opening: Communications Officer
Terms: Part Time Employee Experience Required: 2 years
Estimated Start Date: June 15th, 2019 Salary: Wages commensurate to experience
Location: Brighton, MI Education: Bachelor’s Degree
The Communications Officer reports directly to the Encounter Administrator to assist in carrying out Encounter’s communication needs. This position can be carried out remotely, and will require approximately 8 hours per week. Access to internet and a phone are required.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for the following areas:
– Responding to emails in a professional and timely manner, and will be self-motivated to provide accurate and helpful information to those who contact Encounter Ministries.
– Updating donor support information and partner page access.
– Responsible for creating a monthly newsletter and for distributing it digitally on our website and to our donors and supporters.
– The Communications Officer will be responsible for updating the website calendar, facebook events with the schedule of upcoming events, conferences and other relevant information.
These following attributes are suggested to be considered for this position:
- Significant previous experience with Encounter Ministries (current student, summer intensive grad or involvement in past conferences.)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably relevant to communications).
- Previous experience in communications within a business setting.
- 2 years experience in communications.
- Proven ability to articulate the Catholic faith and a dedication to our Core Values.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and pastoral skills.
Please submit resume with letter of introduction to:
Michael Melliere, Administrator
135 Becker Dr
Brighton, MI 48116
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.